Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Addons: GuildBankList

Addons: GuildBankList
Current Wowcraft build: 3.3.5.


Ask, and ye sometimes actually shall receive.

I love the way that Gnomish Vendor Shrinker so neatly re-arranges and organizes the vendor window, and I thought, if only someone would do that to guild banks. I went looking and looking and it seemed nobody had made a gbank-reskin addon.

So I made a request in the WowInterface.com forums (seeing as how I know more Russian than I know LUA -- not an exaggeration, btw, as, in theory, I used to know the word for 'vacuum'), and Seerah liked my idea and a few days later, lo and behold, now we have GuildBankList.



Please visit GuildBankList at Wowinterface to see the big versions of those screenshots.

GuildBankList does not 'perform a function' upon the gbank (when I was looking around, I found a few 'organizers' that would re-sort the items in your gbank for you -- I guess some might find that useful but that really wasn't what I was hoping for). All GuildBankList does is alter the way you see the content of your gbank. It will show you:
* item name
* item quality
* item level
* required level to use
* item type (ex.Trade Goods)
* item sub-type (ex. Meat)
* vendor price


Not everyone's going to like this. After all, to some, the only thing worse than looking through 98 squares of icons is having to look through a list of 98 rows. But personally? I love it. SO THERE. And other 5-year-old comebacks : p.

Anyway, I'm totally stoked that someone (yay Seerah!) took my idea and made something actually useable, and I hope many many people get lots of great use out of it. So check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment