Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Addons: Ara Broker Reputations

Addons: Ara Broker Reputations
Current Wowcraft build: 4.0.3


Let us all observe a moment of silence for FactionsFu.

FactionsFu was introduced to me by my friend Greta. She was all, "You like grinding rep! You'll love this addon!" And I was all, "ehhh, more addons." (This was back in the day, you can tell.) We were in Nagrand, I recall, working on the Nesingwary quests, so my main was all of... 64, 65 or so. And Greta pressured me to get it, so I said 'ok'.

Greta, did I ever properly say thank you? Thank you. FactionsFu lasted me all throughout my vanilla, BC, and Wrath rep grinds. It was there with me while I went Insane. It doggedly survived the Cataclysm impact.

Now I can finally lay it to rest. Sleep well, dear FactionsFu. You might truly have been my favorite.



Fortunately, the legacy lives on. Aranarth has given us Ara Broker Reputations.


Ara Broker Reputations works 99% the same as FactionsFu. The only difference I've seen is that you can't link factions to zones. If that feature were available, I'd use it, but I barely miss it not being there.

Ara Broker Reputations is a native LDB plugin, so it works perfectly with your ChocolateBar! By default, it uses the Blizzard color scheme, where everything Honored and above is the same shade of green, but there's an option in the right-click menu to change that.

If you liked FactionsFu but find it doesn't work anymore, get Ara Broker Reputations. But drink a draught to its spiritual father, because ABR wouldn't be here had not FactionsFu been here first.

1 comment:

  1. aw! now I'm famous!

    it's funny that I'm the one that recommended that to you, and yet, just recently, I was like "Jae, teach me reputation please!"

    also I am SO glad to see you posting again. I spent the day downloading all new add-ons and trying them out and and and... and I need more of your ideas please.

    ReplyDelete