Saturday, October 16, 2010

Addons: Four Point Oh Point One

Addons: Many!
Current Wowcraft build: 4.0.1!


Ohsnap! It's 4.0.1! All the addons are brokeded! So are my post-making skills, seeing as how I've lost the previous two drafts of this post. So! Since the InternetDeity seems to want me to dispense with the talkytalky, here's a list of the addons I lurve (or use anyway *looks at Pitbull4*), and links to their 401-ready builds. (Yes I will be editing this post frequently over the next few days. Bolded names just means I've gotten their links all done.)

ARL (StaW | Curse | Wowi) and Collectinator (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - Collectinator is "ARL for pets/mounts". A.K.A.: yay!
Altoholic (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - delete your old folders and SV files (alto.lua and all datastore.lua) first
Atlas (StaW | Curse | Wowi) and AtlasLoot (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
Auctioneer (As of this posting, it is only available at http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/ - Select AuctioneerSuite if you want everything, and skip over the other 3.) - yes I know it's bloated. I suffer with it anyway b/c I don't want to lose my BeanCounter file : p
Bartender4 (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - complete with funky new darker-edgier look.
Broker_Equipment (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - Now that the Blizz EquipManager saves 'don't save this slot', I can use it now. It's not quite as shiny as ItemRack, but it does what I need, which is letting me change sets from my ChocolateBar. While this project has 'a' Curse page, it has not been updated for 401 there, last I looked.
Broker_repair (lovely edition) (StaW | Curse | Wowi) an LDB dura/repair mod. As of this posting, my overall dura-% will display in ChocoBar, but mousing over the addon throws an error.
Chatter (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - there is 'a' Wowi page, but it's not updated.
ChocolateBar (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
CurrencyTracker (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - LDB replacement for CurrencyFu
DeadlyBossMods (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
DropTheCheapestThing (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - LDB and memlite version of GarbageFu.
Elk's Buff Bars (StaW | Curse | Wowi) man I forgot how much I hated default buffs. (exists on Wowi but out of date there)
GatherMate (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
GnomishVendorShrinker (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - Love this addon, but check the StaW page for directions on how to fix that fuglay number font
GuildBankList (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
Healbot (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - because Grid and/or Clique never seemed to speak my language....
Heatsink (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
Lightheaded (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - because the only thing better than Wowhead is not having to tab out of Wow to get there
Mapster (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
Mik Scrolling Battle Text (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
Omen (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
OneBag (StaW | Curse | Wowi) + OneBank (StaW | Curse | Wowi) + OneRing (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
PallyPower (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - so technically I've reinstalled this, but I think the pally changes have rendered this almost unnecessary, except for maybe 25mans. Included here anyway.
PitBull4 (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - Love the way it looks, hate having to open the config. Much less... actually config.
Postal (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - I underestimated how useful this is for my bankalt. I wish I'd gotten it a long time ago.
Quartz (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
QuestGuru (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - As of 10/16, the onscreen tracker is still somewhat buggy.
RaidBuffStatus (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - I think this addon guaranteed I will never be made Main Assist in a raid again >_>
Recount (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
TidyPlates (StaW | Curse | Wowi) and ThreatPlates (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
TomTom (StaW | Curse | Wowi)
TourGuide (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - a Tekkub addon. Questhelper is dead, long live TourGuide!
Volumizer (StaW | Curse | Wowi) - from the ARL guy; an LDB plugin to change your in-game volumes without getting into the big sound menu.

I will edit this post and add in updated-for-401 addons as they become available. Ones I'm still missing, personally: Overachiever, Livestock, ORA3, RatingsBuster, and Xparky or some other LDB xp display. But wow! This list is so much smaller than it was on Wednesday, haha.

Side note! I successfully toc-cheated Teksloot (StaW) and FactionsFu (StaW). Toc-cheating is when you go into an addon's Name.toc file (teksloot.toc or factionsfu.toc) and edit the first line to read Interface: 40000 instead of whatever other numbers might be there. WHY THIS IS DANGEROUS: toc-cheating makes the game think that the addon is up to date, which mostly just allows you to not check 'load out of date addons'. The game will try to load the addon and process its code according to current API specs. Some addons don't actually 'break' when a big patch goes through; all the code they use to do their stuff still works fine, and so toc-cheating doesn't really hurt anything. But if an addon really did break with the patch, toc-cheating can, at least, give you one or more (or thirty, or three hundred) Lua errors... and at worse can crash your game. I tried to toc-cheat Elk's Buff Bars and Overachiever and uh... it ended poorly. I'll just say that.

Use this information wisely, my friends, and be prepared to suffer the consequences of poor toc-cheating decisions : p. On the other hand, my lovely FactionsFu may you live forever is still functional. Now if I can just get Fubar2Broker to work, I'll be a very happy little Sanna. Well, that, and a raidicon marking addon. LuckyCharms2 is deader than a very dead thing.

(Edited in, a few days later: I went to edit this post and somehow it got... removed from the main post listing? I'm still learning the Blogger ropes, but if this looks like the second posting of this same post to you... it is! +1 Blogger xp for me : p)

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha oh my, I love Pitbull4 (once I've configured it) but I hate hate HATE the configuration part. Christ...:(

    Anyhoooo, cool post. I'm sort of in a I-want-more-addons mood, which often means I venture over to your blog to see what new addons youve mentioned and posts you've written! Hooray!

    -Amenaza

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. just got Overachiever today!! Seems to just have been updated recently...hooray! I've never had this addon until now and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. having trouble with Elk Buff bars. I installed them. but i seem unable to change any of the options. i can't click on the the little symbol near my map. right clicking on the bars opens a menu but i can't click on any choices. typing ebb config open a menu that i can't click on any choice. any idea what's wrong? probably just because of the patch? Gretadelle/Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ezraye oh wow. that is kind of odd. You got the post-401 build? I literally, three seconds before I read the email with your comment, messed with the EBB options myself and it worked just fine. So... idk what to say... did you have EBB installed before? For some bugs for some addons, deleting old .lua files solves the problem. Otherwise, try deleting and reinstalling EBB (making sure you have the most recent version from curse or wowi). If the problem persists beyond that, I don't know what to tell you : x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i usually use the curse-auto-installer. for some reason, their version of Elk is from August. DOH! following your link to the curse site says it was updated just yesterday. so I'll install that one and hopefully the options will work. (why doesn't the curse thing have the most current files??)

    ReplyDelete
  6. because the curse client is a piece of shit that even if it doesn't give you viruses anymore still does something that slowed my machine way down and even after i uninstalled it my comp still runs far too slowly. i do not trust the curse client and i warn everyone away from it. just because it's faster doesn't mean its worth it. make a curse.com login, add addons to your favs list and just do it manually. it's better in the long run.

    ReplyDelete