Monday, March 8, 2010

Addons: GarbageFu

Addons: GarbageFu (For Broker)
Current Wowcraft build: 3.3.2

Granted, I admit I'm addicted to my addons. Some addons, like Altoholic, do so many things that being without them feels like a punch to the gut. GarbageFu is an addon that, when I'm without it, feels like a paper-cut... small, perhaps, but a complete and un-ignorable pain.



GarbageFu manages your garbage for you. It does this in two small but wonderful ways.

First: when you visit a vendor, it gives you a button at the top that looks like the Windows Recycling Bin icon, and if it's not greyed out, that means you have grey crap you can sell. Click that Bin and all your grey stuff is vendored without you having to think about it.

Second: if you have an LDB display addon, GarbageFu will display your free bag slot count over your total bag slot count (mine above is 29/104), and color code it slightly according to "green = lots of space, yellow = medium space, red = not much space at all." Mousing over GarbageFu will bring up a popup window like you see there. If I were out in the field and I had no bag space and I needed to loot something, I could easily see what the cheapest grey in my bag was; GarbageFu will organize top to bottom from cheapest to more expensive (according to how much you could get by selling to the vendor). I can shift-leftclick whatever item I want to delete and GarbageFu will make it disappear out of my bags.

You can add things to the list of "what comes up to be shift-deleted;" for example, I added Normal Food (any non-buff, non-conjured food, ie Salted Venison), so if I have that in my bags, I can elect to shift-delete it. I have not yet found a way for Normal Food to be included in the sell-everything-with-a-click list yet, but even still.

Never having to poke through my bags when I'm at a vendor and go "keep keep keep sell sell keep keep sell"? Awesome. Being able to quickly and easily delete the cheapest item in my bags? Awesome beyond awesome.

Now....... to confuse you.

Technically what I have is Fubar-GarbageFu (Curse|Wowinterface). I got my copy from the Curse link.... the Wowinterface link is horrifically out of date, and I'm mostly just including it because I'm kind of OCD. As was mentioned previously, the Fubar language is going out of style like whoa. However, since some Fubar addons still work, I also run Fubar2Broker (linked at the bottom there), GarbageFu shows up on my ChocolateBar. Best of both worlds! \o/

There is also GarbageFu for Broker (Curse|Wowinterface) that apparently does the same thing as Fubar GarbageFu, without the need to run F2B. If you believe the comments on the Curse page, it may or may not be broken right now... or perhaps just broken for a few people? There is also Broker Garbage (Curse|Wowinterface) that appears to serve the same function with slightly different form. I have not played around with either of those specific addons.

But there's 3 things for you to play with. Short post for a small but osm addon!

No comments:

Post a Comment