Monday, March 8, 2010

How to: Install Addons

How to: Install Addons.
Current Wowcraft Build: 3.3.2.

I debated if i should title this "how to: installing addons" or "how to: install addons." I'm too tired to go into the grammatical differences, but yes I'm aware that either way, it just doesn't sound quite right. So I opted for the title that would make the shorter URL.

I thought about writing up a post on how to download and install addons. Then I went, wait, NoStockUI already did it just fine.

The single addition I would make to their post is that I would say: I have a certain folder on my HD into which I save all the .zip files when I download them. That way, a) they are timestamped so if an addon has been updated, I can tell by comparing the dates so I don't waste bandwidth by DLing a file I already have, and b) if I ever have to do that horrible thing where I have to delete my whole ui and start over, I don't have to re-DL everything, it's already there.

So if my Wowcraft folder is
d:/games/Wowcraft
I might have a folder like
d:/games/Wowcraft-addons
So I always know where to save the .zips and where to find them.

Other than that, the NoStock UI post did a bangup job. Check 'em out. b^_^b

No comments:

Post a Comment